Monday, July 12, 2010

Cube

Kicking this off with the first thing that came to mind at 4pm on a Monday.  Cube Fan Fiction:


Tumbling through seasick grey I tried to speak, but my ears only heard gibberish. No feeling in my fingertips. No sense of gravity. I managed to force my eyes open as a kaleidoscope of reds and oranges began to clumsily settle into place and my balance returned. I was lying on my side. My mouth felt cold and wet.

Fatigued, I pulled myself to my feet and observed my surroundings. The room was the cold metal interior of a submarine. Pipes ran from floor to ceiling amidst crimson fluorescent lighting. There were even sealed hatches on the walls and ceiling.

Vertigo suddenly overtook me and I collapsed to my knees.

Hold it back.

With my eyes shut tight I tried to remember how I wound up in this room. I had been at home, at my desk, writing an article on solar flares and then…nothing. Then…fuzzy grey and waking up in my own drool.

There was another hatch next to me, in the floor. I grasped its handle and cranked counter-clockwise as metal groaned in opposition. A satisfying click and I hoisted the hatch open, cool air flowing up from below.

I peered over the edge to find another room, this one pale blue, pipes running along its circumference and hatches on each wall and floor. For all I could tell the room was identical to this one.

Empty.

That’s when I noticed the blood stains along the wall. They stretched from the side hatch to the floor. I was not alone.

2 comments:

lil' maxwell said...

awesome. CONTINUE!!!!!! Stoked that the first fan-fiction is CUBE fan-fiction.

Cody said...

CUBE!!!